Introduction – The earth belongs to all living beings. The existence of animals is required for the smooth functioning of the entire eco system. Just like humans, animals feel pain, hunger and sorrow. Its time, we are all compassionate towards them. We at Animals Matter To Me (Mumbai) aim to save the animals from starvation and disease. We serve animals by feeding them, taking care of their medical needs and finding homes for the abandoned ones.
[quote]Animals Matter To Me (Mumbai) is an ANIMAL WELFARE CHARITABLE TRUST that was created with the above aim. Through contributions from private individuals and organizations, the community maintains its dedication to animals.[/quote]
Our Current Activities
We rescue injured and diseased animals from the streets of Mumbai. Medical treatment is provided by veterinary doctors and students who are part of our organization.
We feed more than 700 dogs and 150 cats at shelters by organizing a “FEEDING PROGRAMME” every Saturday between 1400hrs to 1800hrs where animal lovers, volunteers join hand and help feed these animals, spend quality time with them, play with them, shower them with love and give them a reason to be alive.
We invite you to witness the same at the following address every Saturday between 1400 hrs to 1800 hrs:
IDA Animal Birth Control and Health Care Center
Near Deonar Colony, Bainganwadi, Deonar,
Click here for directions
We try to get abandoned animals adopted. It’s difficult to believe, but owners do abandon their pure bred dogs like Labradors, German Shepherds etc, for lame reasons.
These animals are not used to surviving on the streets and need homes.
4) Vaccinations, Sterlizations and Pet Licensing
We assist in vaccination and sterlizations of animals along with acquiring BMC licenses for dogs.
How you can help
You can help us in the following ways:
1) Reporting an animal in distress
2) Adopting an animal
3) Cash Donation
4) Donating food(Rice, Tur Dal, Biscuits, Milk, Dog/Puppy Food, Cat/Kitten Food).
5) Donating any of the following: Cages, Surgery Tables, Stethoscopes, Cotton Balls,Q- Tips, Latex Gloves, Paper Towels, Old Newspapers,
Old Clothes, Brooms and Dust pans, Disinfectants.
6) Keeping our donation boxes in your office space.
7) Volunteering for AMTM Mumbai.
8) Spreading a word for the good cause.
Funds donated will be used for sterilization of cats and dogs, medical treatment and rehabilitation of the injured/diseased animals, their transportation and for the repair and restoration work of shelters.
[box type=”info”]You can send cheques in favour of “Animals Matter To Me Mumbai” to
2 White Rose, N Dutta Marg
4 bungalows, Andheri (W),
Online fund transfers can be done to our Saving bank account(SB a/c) in the name of “Animals Matter to Me, Mumbai”, SB Account number- 911010036376599 Axis Bank, MIDC branch, Andheri(E), Mumbai-400 093 . IFSC/ITGS Code: UTIB0000395. Receipts will be couriered to you.
We also raise funds through articles made by underprivileged children such as traditional hand painted diyas (set of 4 for 100/-), AMTM Fridge Magnets for Rs 50/- a pair & AMTM Logo T-Shirts for Rs 200/-, AMTM long excersice books Rs. 50/-, AMTM bird feeders Rs. 150/-, AMTM umbrellas Rs. 210/-, AMTM bookmarks Rs. 5/-, AMTM badges Rs. 25/
Direction to IDA SHELTER(Currently we are working here on Saturdays)
- Come to Eastern Express Highway and continue in the direction of Ghatkopar.
- At junction of Jeejabai Bhosle Marg (The road we take to go to Vashi) and Eastern Express Highway take left turn if coming from Thane side or take right turn if coming from Dadar side, towards Vashi.
- On the second signal take a right turn and then immediate left at 100m.
- Immediately on your left you’ll see the burial Ground of Muslim, Christian joined with Hindu crematorium.
- Go 100m straight ahead and you’ll see IDA Shelter on your right (Blue gate)
Coordinates: 19.057002, 72.92485
You can search for above mentioned coordinates in Yahoo Maps, Google maps or Google Earth to get detailed direction from your Location.