|1. How long have you been living in Powai? And why did you decide to make Powai as your home|
We shifted to Powai, Raheja Vihar, in 1994 from Vashi. Following factors were responsible for selecting Powai as my home:
AA) Proximity to my work place.
BB) Bombay Scottish School in Powai for children’s education
CC) Lush green pollution free surroundings in the proximity of Powai Lake
DD) Very good accommodation in Raheja Vihar with landscaped garden and club house.
2. Can you share some of your experiences of living in Powai, right from the day you selected the property, till today? How has Powai changed in your opinion?
When we had shifted here, it was very open. Now with so many buildings coming up it has become very congested. Traffic has increased 10 folds where the infrastructure (roads etc) has improved only marginally.
3. What kind of extra amenities would you like, which are at present lacking in Powai?
Most important is the traffic congestion near :
AA) Nahar Amrit Shakti
BB) DP Road
CC) Lake Homes
Traffic flow in some of these areas can be made one way. Parking spaces to be allocated. Heavy vehicles to be allowed only after 10 pm till 7 am.
4. What do you think is the biggest advantage of living in Powai ? And what to do you think is the single most disadvantage of living here in Powai?
Biggest advantage is the pollution free lush green surrounding supplemented with the vast expanse of Powai lake. No disadvantage other than the traffic congestion.
I have been a captain with merchant navy and have sailed around the world for around 16 years.My wife is Msc in Anthropology. My son is a software Engineer with Wipro technologies and daughter is in 2nd year in computer technologies. We have started “Tender Hearts Playgroup and Nursery” in Powai in 2004. Also we started “Ascent Academy” for Maharashtra State board all subjects till X std.since 2009. Latest addition to our group is “Speak Smart” English Speaking Class. I also conduct free Yoga Classes (of Swamy Ramdev) on every Sunday between 5 pm to 6 pm. Now I have stopped sailing and I have got into Education Field. I have a small farm house where I and my wife spend some of our weekends. I love animals and the street dogs in my area are my friends. I feel very sad about corruption in our country. I have joined Swamy Ramdev’s campaign “Bharat Swabhiman Trust” to irradiate the corruption from our great country.
6. What do you think about this initiative of www.powai.info ? Do you think you can contribute to this website and help get Powai connected?
It’s a very good initiative taken in the right direction Yes, certainly I would like to bring to notice the problems and probable solutions through you.
7. What would you like to see in www.powai.info – in terms of Content (what kind of articles, photographs, news stories, important info) and in terms of Design (Looks, colours, interactivity-ease of use)
I think people should send their grievances what they feel. Importance on health through Pranayam. Healthy life style etc……FOLLOW POWAI INFO ON YOUR PREFERRED SOCIAL NETWORK