Jai Talwar is an advertising sales professional, a true connoisseur of music, plays tabla and organizes plays, music concerts, poetry to jazz concerts- a last a first in India. Also dabbles in photography, and music journalism.
Here he takes time out to field a few questions on Powai and the website.
- How long have you been living in Powai? And why did you decide to make Powai as you home?
I have been here since mid 2000. Moved here as it was close to work but fell in love with the serenity of the place and the lake.
- Can you share some of your experiences of living in Powai, right from the day you selected the property, till today? How has Powai changed in your opinion?
Happy to be here but it’s got much more crowded than before. I don’t mind offices being around but it’s the BPO’s that has added to the no of cars, the traffic jams and the pollution. Also there has been an indiscriminate increase in the no of towers as well as commercial buildings which has already made commuting within the complex a nightmare.
- What kind of extra amenities would you like, which are at present lacking in Powai?
We lack a large mall such as Hypermarket and an auditorium that can hold cultural events.
- What do you think is the biggest advantage of living in Powai ? And what to do you think is the single most disadvantage of living here in Powai?
The biggest advantage is Powai Lake itself and the height over sea level which gives some relief from the pollution. The biggest disadvantage is that you need to hit town for practically all cultural events.
Can you tell us something about yourself? Jai Twith Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull
Been an advertising sales professional since beginning my working career in work in 1979. I am a fun loving person into great music of practically all genres, films, theatre. Play tabla and organize plays, music concerts by Herbie Mann, Wishbone Ash, Richie Havens, and Shakti as well as poetry to jazz concerts- a last a first in India. Also dabble in photography, and music journalism.
- What do you think about this initiative of www.powai.info ? Do you think you can contribute to this website and help get Powai connected?
It’s a great initiative and will help Powai build a much required on-line community. It should invite others to contribute articles and share experiences.
- What would you like to see in www.powai.info - in terms of Content (what kind of articles, photographs, news stories, important info) and in terms of Design (Looks, colours, interactivity-ease of use)
Can have a section on pictures and coverage of events in and around Powai.FOLLOW POWAI INFO ON YOUR PREFERRED SOCIAL NETWORK