Ashish Mantri is a CA, when not working, he loves to spend time in reading, travelling, photography – specially of birds & nature, and writing about them
A big thanks to Ashish for taking time to answer this interview
- How long have you been living in Powai? And why did you decide to make Powai as you home?
We are in Powai since September 2000 – 8 & a-half years now. The home which we chose was closer to the school for kids and had a lovely view of the lake & hills.
- Can you share some of your experiences of living in Powai, right from the day you selected the property, till today? How has Powai changed in your opinion?
When we shifted to Powai, the approach roads to Powai were bad, but the solace was the peace & cleaner air that prevailed in & around the complex. Over the years, the approach roads have improved – specially the JVLR making it faster to travel. Coming down from the flyover near Powai Garden makes Hiranandani skyline resemble Manhattan skyline. However, the only grief is that the development within the Hiranandani complex has made the place crowded, traffic unmanageable and Manhattan has replaced the hills & greenery.
- What kind of extra amenities would you like, which are at present lacking in Powai?
Fortunately Powai has all the amenities except better traffic management inside & around Hiranandani complex that must include making one way routes, some roads to be made no vehicle roads, centralized parking lots for visitors to the complex & strict discipline for the 2 wheelers so that they do not drive on footpaths.
- What do you think is the biggest advantage of living in Powai? And what to do you think is the single most disadvantage of living here in Powai?
Despite razing of hills & cutting down of greenery, living in Powai still enables one to get connected to nature with lake being at the walking distance. Also, proximity to eastern & western express highways makes it easier to reach most part of the cities.
- Can you tell us something about yourself?
I am a CA, having hands on experience of 14 years of managing financial affairs of large scale corporations, before venturing on my own as a practicing CA. My firm specialises in providing outsourced CFO services to SME sector, handling advisory role, corporate & management audits, project feasibility studies & account outsourcing. When not working, I love to spend time in reading, travelling, photography – specially of birds & nature, and writing about them on my blog urbanyayawar.blogspot.com
My wife Minoo wears many hats. Apart from being a great homemaker, she is a part of family business in hospitality, as well as managing her own investment & financial planning consultancy business. She is actively involved in teaching kids at Vidya, a NGO promoted by IITians. Besides, she is also Vice President of a new chapter of Rotary Club in Powai, which has already undertaken many social activities in the area.
- What do you think about this initiative of www.powai.info ? Do you think you can contribute to this website and help get Powai connected?
We are impressed with the entire idea behind www.powai.info and truly appreciate the hard work that has been put in by the development team.
- What would you like to see in www.powai.info – in terms of Content (what kind of articles, photographs, news stories, important info) and in terms of Design (Looks, colours, interactivity-ease of use)
Over the period the website has already created a lot of content that is informative as well as important. It could however be a good idea to also start using the website as a tool for change by taking up causes that may improve the life of common person living in the area. It can also be used as platform to create an interaction with the various government officials who are responsible for maintenance and safety of the area.FOLLOW POWAI INFO ON YOUR PREFERRED SOCIAL NETWORK