FOLLOW POWAI INFO ON YOUR PREFERRED SOCIAL NETWORK
Powai is a northern suburb of Mumbai, that shares its name with a lake in the same locality. It is reachable from the western suburbs by the Saki Vihar Road, the Jogeshwari Vikhroli Link Road or the Aarey Colony Road. Also, Adi Shankaracharya Road connects Powai to the Lal Bahadur Shastri Road and the Eastern Express Highway, which are the gateways to eastern suburbs. The nearest Mumbai Suburban Railway station is Kanjurmarg on the Central line.
Powai, historically, has been the home to five temples. A small locality called Panchakutir (meaning five abodes) is still present in Powai. One of these temples is devoted to Goddess Padmavati. It is believed that the word Powai came from the temple. Its etimology is drawn from Padma Aai, which means mother Padma, in the local language Marathi.
Besides the Powai Lake, Powai is host to some important landmarks of Mumbai, such as:
* the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IIT Bombay),
* the Hiranandani Gardens township,
* the Construction, engineering and manufacturing conglomerate Larsen & Toubro group of companies
* the National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), and
* the various Government colonies of Income Tax Dept,Customs, Coast guard etc.
* Gopal Sharma Group of Schools
* Hotel Pramod Vihar,rambaug,Powai.
* Powai plaza.
* Prathamesh galaxy.Raheja Vihar
A 21-year-old management student was attacked by three men on the skywalk near Panchkutir …
Parenthood changes our lives in many ways. If as a couple you loved dining out then you kn…
The platform on 15.10.2018 where heritage, culture and spirituality combined with spontane…
Load More Related Articles
Hiranandani Gardens has the most welcoming architecture. It has one of the broadest street…
28th to 30th April saw 1600 women from four cities – Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore and Hyderabad…
Load More In COMMUNITY