FOLLOW POWAI INFO ON YOUR PREFERRED SOCIAL NETWORK
Powai is a northern suburb of Mumbai, that shares its name with a lake in the same locality. It is reachable from the western suburbs by the Saki Vihar Road, the Jogeshwari Vikhroli Link Road or the Aarey Colony Road. Also, Adi Shankaracharya Road connects Powai to the Lal Bahadur Shastri Road and the Eastern Express Highway, which are the gateways to eastern suburbs. The nearest Mumbai Suburban Railway station is Kanjurmarg on the Central line.
Powai, historically, has been the home to five temples. A small locality called Panchakutir (meaning five abodes) is still present in Powai. One of these temples is devoted to Goddess Padmavati. It is believed that the word Powai came from the temple. Its etimology is drawn from Padma Aai, which means mother Padma, in the local language Marathi.
Besides the Powai Lake, Powai is host to some important landmarks of Mumbai, such as:
* the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IIT Bombay),
* the Hiranandani Gardens township,
* the Construction, engineering and manufacturing conglomerate Larsen & Toubro group of companies
* the National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), and
* the various Government colonies of Income Tax Dept,Customs, Coast guard etc.
* Gopal Sharma Group of Schools
* Hotel Pramod Vihar,rambaug,Powai.
* Powai plaza.
* Prathamesh galaxy.Raheja Vihar
Kindly contact on 9820357066. Rent is Rs 1,85,000 per month, Negotiable. Deposit Rs 4,00…
Load More Related Articles
A small housing community inside Powai’s upscale Hiranandani Gardens namely Torino, has be…
Thousands of devotees had Mahaprasad seeking beloved Bappa’s blessings. This year the Bhan…
Load More In COMMUNITY